SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, September 13, 2015

I Would Fall Through Time For You

"It was as if Eberhard had never touched her,
as if the twentieth century had never existed.
As if all her life she had been heading toward this moment.
This man.
This magic."
--Karen Marie Moning, Beyond the Highland Mist


Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Dell
Pages: 375
Publication Date: May 29th, 2007
Source: Bought
Previous Books in Series: First Book in Series
Goodreads Description

He would sell his warrior soul to possess her. . . .

An alluring laird...

He was known throughout the kingdom as Hawk, legendary predator of the battlefield and the boudoir. No woman could refuse his touch, but no woman ever stirred his heart—until a vengeful fairy tumbled Adrienne de Simone out of modern-day Seattle and into medieval Scotland. Captive in a century not her own, entirely too bold, too outspoken, she was an irresistible challenge to the sixteenth-century rogue. Coerced into a marriage with Hawk, Adrienne vowed to keep him at arm's length—but his sweet seduction played havoc with her resolve.

A prisoner in time...

She had a perfect "no" on her perfect lips for the notorious laird, but Hawk swore she would whisper his name with desire, begging for the passion he longed to ignite within her. Not even the barriers of time and space would keep him from winning her love. Despite her uncertainty about following the promptings of her own passionate heart, Adrienne's reservations were no match for Hawk's determination to keep her by his side. . . .
So this is a story about a young woman who is transported through time by the Fae in order to try and put a mortal man in his place. The man in question pissed off, inadvertently and unbeknownst to him, the wrong Fae. She was chosen because the Fae thought she would reject the man, Hawk, and of course, with much struggle they end up falling for one another.

I love this. It is a not-so-secret dream of mine to be swept back in time and live in the history I love so much. And I'll say this right now, if I ever fall through time into the *massive* arms of a hot Scottish man...I ain't never coming back nor will I try. Nice known' ya. So I obviously loved the premise and this book *coughunlikeOutlandercough* I REALLY enjoyed. I loved Adrienne even when she was pissing me off but it was all organic to her character and what she had been through. I was frustrated with her lack of vulnerability but really I think I was just projecting. I really did love her, mistrust and all, because she was so real. And independent. And just badass. Outspoken and opinionated, she takes zero shit. What's not to love?

Hawk was...rawr. A man who sleeps around and his reputation for his bedroom activities infamous. When he meets Adrienne he feels a stirring he never felt before...actual feelings. He is determined to make her love him because he knows she feels for him but he doesn't know why she won't admit or show it. And then you add in the Fae trying to destroy him, Adam, and you get lots of miscommunication, things not being what they appear, and the foul play of the Fae.

While the plot was interesting and compelling and it could have been because I was invested in these characters early on and I read it in almost one sitting,  I was a little frustrated at Adrienne's complete lack of give. I shouldn't even say this because of what she had been through and in her position I would have been a stubborn mule, too but because I knew Hawk was genuine it hurt so bad for her to continue not to trust him. BUT again, it was true to the characters and made the victory so  much sweeter.

I loved this book overall. I am SO excited to continue on with the series because I have heard such good things! I love the Scottish vibe...obvi...and I look forward to more big and strong men...rawr.
Reserved Seating
If you love Scottish lairds, mistrusting women, and Fae interventions...this book's for you.

1 comment :

  1. You had me at Scottish laird. No, really, you totally did. I have a soft spot for Scottish lairds (as my gateway into reading romance of any kind came in the form of one of my favorite Scottish lairds, Iain). I honestly think the plot of this one sounds really interesting! May just have to try it myself :)

    ReplyDelete