SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Disney {Brotherhood} Book Tag

Source
I was tagged by Steph--again--from No BS Book Reviews for DISNEY BOOK TAG GAHHH!!!! Again, I usually never do these BUT this one I could NOT pass up! Anybody that knows me knows how much I am obsessed with Disney...so I decided to do something a little different. My book series family is the Black Dagger Brotherhood. They are one of two series I actually consider family and my soul-deep love for these books knows no bounds. I know that it doesn't seem natural to the casual observer to combine the intensity and darkness of the BDB with Disney buuuuuuut I love them both in my heart passionately so it works for me and I wanted to combine my two loves.


1. The Little Mermaid - a character who is out of their element, a “fish out of water”

 

Beth from Dark Lover is definitely out of her element when she first meets Wrath in Dark Lover. It's a world she had no idea existed and then Wrath of all people comes bursting in and is overwhelming as all fuck and it's just like BOOM BAM VAMPIRE! She recovers well but the struggle is real.



2. Cinderella - a character who goes through a major transformation

 

John Matthew is...unique, to say the least. He gets a really rough start in life and his ability to accept and love people is astounding. My heart has a special place for John Matthew because his character arc is SO beautiful to me. 

3. Snow White - a book with an eclectic cast of characters

 

The Band of Bastards are introduced in Lover Unleashed and what a bunch of misfit toys. These guys are mean, vicious, and the opposite side of the Black Dagger Brotherhood coin. They cause trouble but there's a redeeming quality to some of them. Can't wait to see where they go...

4. Sleeping Beauty - a book that put you to sleep
 
Dark Lover graciously gives us the gift of finding out that Zsadist sings like an angel so I'm also twisting this answer to say I want my BAE Z to sing me to sleep every night in the book of our life. Sorry not sorry.

5. The Lion King - a character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood

 
Zsadist *insert all the tears* My poor, darling hellren went through traumatic events in his past growing up as a blood slave. He has grown exponentially since and he is my main male. He is MINE.

6. Beauty and the Beast - A beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful
 
I was nervous to read The King because I didn't want Wrath and Beth to have more conflict and drama for my beloved King and Queen but I needn't have worried because it was uh-may-zing! Love love love times a million. How JR Ward revisited them as a couple while keeping it real and not melodramatic or unnecessary was perfection. 


7. Aladdin - a character who gets their wish granted, for better or worse

Phury's job of watching over Zsadist ends when he finally finds love and he wanders a little aimlessly afterwards and doesn't deal with it in the best way. He always wanted his brother to become whole--his wish--but Phury in the aftermath has a lot of demons of his own to work through but have no fear, he gets there in the end. Love my brother-in-law.


8. Mulan - a character who pretends to be someone or something they are not
 
Qhuinn struggles to identify with who he really is and I loooove his journey so incredibly hard. I always say if there is one character I could make real to be my best friend, Qhuinn is it. I want him in my life as my BFF.

9. Toy Story - a book with characters you wish would come to life
 
Um...all of them? For reals though, Zsadist is my BAE needs to be real so we can live happily ever after...that is all.

10. Disney Descendants - your favorite villain or morally ambiguous character
 
Xcor...oh.my.Scribe.Virgin. I LOVE Xcor! So, so, so fucking much! I cannot even tell you how much I am anticipating his book!! I have a very real belief that he is going to be my Zsadist 2.0 and my high ranking book boyfriends should be worried about him usurping their position in my heart. Except Z...nobody will top him...ever...

I tag everyone and anyone who loves Disney or the Black Dagger Brotherhood!! Aaaaaand GO!

1 comment :

  1. I just fucking love this twist on this tag so much, Kelly! I do have a soft spot for the Brotherhood and their novels, and I think you nailed it with every single one of your choices. (Just thinking about the Brotherhood makes me want to hang out with them, AKA read their stories again...)

    ReplyDelete