SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 18, 2015

I Was Born A Queen

"She says you are like Alice in the Looking-Glass world.
First a pawn and then a queen."
--Tiffany Reisz, The Queen


Genre: Adult Erotica, Contemporary
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA
Pages: 400
Publication Date: October 27th, 2015
Source: eARC provided by publisher
Previous Books in SeriesThe Siren & The Angel The Prince & The Mistress & The Saint & The King & The Virgin
Goodreads Description 

Once upon a time, Nora and Søren made a fateful deal—if he gave her everything, she would give him forever.

The time has finally come to keep their promises.

Out of money and out of options after her year-long exile, Eleanor Schreiber agrees to join forces with Kingsley Edge, the king of kink. After her first taste of power as a Dominant, Eleanor buries her old submissive self and transforms into Mistress Nora, the Red Queen. With the help of a mysterious young man with a job even more illicit than her own, Nora squares off against a cunning rival in her quest to become the most respected, the most feared Dominatrix in the Underground.

While new lovers and the sweet taste of freedom intoxicate Nora, she is tempted time and time again by Søren, her only love and the one man who refuses to bow to her. But when Søren accepts a new church assignment in a dangerous country, she must make an agonizing choice—will the queen keep her throne and let her lover go, or trade in her crown for Søren's collar?

With a shattering final confession, the last link in the chain is forged in The Original Sinners saga. It's the closing chapter in a story of salvation, sacrifice and the multitude of scars we collect in the name of ecstasy—and love.
My Family
We have come to a conclusion. After 7 previous books the end is finally here. I can't say I'm happy about it but all good things must come to an end. As I have said before, these characters have come to feel like part of my family. I love them, get angry with them, want to hug them, want to smack them. All the feels for these characters I have come to know and love so well. It has not been long since I met the Original Sinners but sometimes when you fall in love you just know and that is how I feel with these books. It was an instant connection, a recognition that these books were something special. While I sometimes dread the final books in series, The Queen exceeded my expectations in so many ways.

The Story
While I thought I was walking into a 400 page book about how Eleanor became Mistress Nora, there was so much more involved. The plot kept me on my toes with the fantastic addition of a villain I loved to hate. Nora was in her element in defense of her people and I loved these scenes so incredibly much! I love sassy, badass, snarky Nora and we definitely get to see a lot of her. Speaking of snarky--how can we forget Kinglsey? We can't. King continues to steal my heart and make me want to drop my panties for him because...he's French...did you know? Seriously, I love King. I loved seeing him rule his Kingdom as well as help guide Nora. Their dynamic is never dull and their conversations jump off the page and make me laugh out loud constantly. I love them so hard, you guys.

The Love
As I said above, I expected the focus to be on Nora and Kingsley's relationship and how he taught her everything. What I did not expect...what I did not expect was to see so much of Søren. I was overcome with so much emotion in this book in regards to Nora and Søren in the best ways. I love Søren, don't get me wrong. I love him so, so, so incredibly hard but I felt like he was always still a step apart in regards to really seeing and feeling his emotions. I don't mean this in a bad way but he is such a complex character who holds his emotions so tight to the chest that I felt like in this book Tiffany brought down all of his walls. I felt like I was seeing Søren for the very emotional creature he is because when he loves, he loves hard and deep and forever. I liked seeing him a little broken, not gonna lie. It made him seem more human. And the interactions with Nora. Holy. Fucking. Shit. Like...I can't...I just cannot even describe how my heart felt reading the scenes between them. This was something I did not expect to get in this book so reading it felt like fucking Christmas, my birthday, and a new travel designation all wrapped up in one. For real. I had tears just running down my face because I didn't think it was possible to feel the depth of Søren and Nora's love any further but I did...oh, my gosh I did. They are on another level of intensity and I will consider myself the luckiest woman in the world if I find somebody to love and who loves me even a fraction for what I believe they feel for one another. It is beautiful and pure and selfless and everything that love should be. *le sigh*

Seriously. I cannot say enough about how much I love this series. I am sad to see my beloved Sinners go and hoping I see more in the future but this book was a perfect ending to the series. Crossing my fingers we get more, particularly maybe a book  (or 4) during the years when Nora is Søren's sub. She can call that series The Golden Years...see what I did there?

VIP
If you love amazing character development, snarky banter, and the deepest, purest of loves...this book is for you.

Post a Comment