SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, June 26, 2020

review: why not me? by mindy kaling


I binged The Mindy Project a few years ago and adored Kaling and her comedic take on an OB/GYN practice. Hannah recommend her books and I enjoyed her first book and was excited to read the second. Kaling is my kind of funny. She’s that great amount of real, self-aware, and self-deprecating. I find her musings hilarious and I laugh out loud when she goes on with self-inflated fake comments about herself.


One of my favorite chapters was about her soup snake BJ Novak. It was a beautiful essay about friendship and the brutal honestly and vulnerable moments we share with our closest of friends. I also loved anytime she talked about her mom and the real talk she always gave her daughter. But I think her Harvard commencement speech took the cake. It was just so funny and so clever I could hear her voice in my head reading it out loud.


If you’re looking for fun while being a little insightful and love Mindy Kaling, I’d def check it out!

Rating: 3 Stars | Genre: Nonfiction
Publisher: Three Rivers Press | Source; Format: Bought; physical

Post a Comment