SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, June 17, 2013

Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List


SO excited to fangirl and hype up the books I am EAGERLY anticipating for the summer! Thanks again to the fab ladies at The Broke and The Bookish for hosting another TTT. I am cheating a bit because I have read or are about to read some of these because I got them at BEA but regardless, these are my most anticipated summer releases or reads of 2013. Enjoy!





Series Excitement




Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas--OH MY GOSH. ALL THE FEELS! I did cheat and read this one already because I got it at BEA and it is ALL it is cracked  up to be! Holy ridiculous text messages to Alexa due to all the feels. I love Calaena and I LOVE Chaol. I already want to re-read

Vortex by SJ Kincaid--I LOVED Insignia and I am SO effing excited to see more of Tom! I will def re-read Insignia in anticipation and I am SO looking forward to that!

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Steifvater--I really enjoyed The Raven Boys (review) and their mythical quest for a long lost king. All the boys are fantastic, well except Adam, and I am SO ready for some more Gansey *squeel* and Ronan *double squeel* and Blue :)

The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson--Excuse my language but HOLY FUCK AM I EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK!!!! Like you have NO idea how much I LOVE HECTOR!!!! I can't...I just can't explain my excitement...eeeep!!! Crown of Embers (review)


Sexy Men of My Summer



Epilogue: The Dark Duet by CJ Roberts--OMG I absolutely fell in LOVE with Captive in the Dark (review) and Seduced in the Dark (review) . So dark and twisted and amazing! The final part, the epilogue just came out and I am SO excited to see the conclusion of Livvie and Caleb from Caleb's perspective. Totally binging on this next week! Eep!

Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover--Again, pardon my French, but holy hell am I SO EXCITED TO READ HOLDER'S STORY!! Oh my gosh, Hopeless (review) was one of my favorite books of the year if not ever! Phew, I gotta calm down. 

Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward--I stopped my Black Dagger Brotherhood marathon right in the middle to read binge on Throne of Glass and while that was an EXCELLENT decision, I miss my boys. So after I read a few more of my BEA must-haves I'm going back to Caldwell and finishing what I started because I just can't stay away ;)


Must Read Priorities




Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke--The premise of this book sounds amazing and I am just really excited to read this one! 

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter--I've been meaning to read this series for awhile and I'm making it a priority this summer. I LOVE Greek Mythology and I've heard nothing but great things about this series. Excited!

Crash by Nicole Williams--Again, heard great things, got a copy at BEA!! Thanks Epic Reads! AND it's about a ballet dancer...uh, hello?! Why have I not read this sooner?! On top of it now. 

Can't wait to see what you are all excited for this summer!!! 

30 comments :

  1. I forgot to put Crown of Midnight on my list. WHY. WHY IS MY BRAIN MISSING?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Hector as well! That series is FANTASTIC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well 'Sexy men of Summer' is an excellent category... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read The Bitter Kingdom, too! . . . But first I should probably read Crown of Embers, lol. I loved the first one. Hector was in a little but he was a side character, so I'm eager to get to know him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dream Thieves! Argh I can't believe I forgot about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you 100% on the series books. I can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahhaha.... black dagger sighting!!! LOL
    i am SHOCKED to see Crown of Midnight on this list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh like the look of The Goddess Test. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my... I LOVE the BDB. Rhev is one of my favourites - even if he's not technically a brother.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great top ten! I'm really excited to read Crown of Midnight & Goddess Test too:)

    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crash sounds amazing! Great list all and all :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lover Avenged - Rhev's story - is one of my favorites. I love that guy so much! You have an amazingly awesome list!

    TTT @ Krista’s Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your series excitement, just all of it <3 :D

    Here is my TTT list

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your list. I have a few on mine. I can't wait to start Epilogue squeeee
    Here's my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, I probably reacted the same way as you did to The Bitter Kingdom when I got it... haha! It was very good and a great ending to the series! Also, Crown of Midnight... I just can't describe how many feels I had over it! So so so so good!

    The Goddess Test is a really good series. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited for The Bitter Kingdom too! I still have to read The Raven Boys and Throne of Glass, but I'm planning to this summer. And I love the Goddess Test trilogy, so I hope you do too!

    Ashling @ Reading, Writing, & Anything but Arithmetic

    ReplyDelete
  17. I kind of want to do a happy dance because I've spotted Vortex on two other lists so far and...YES. Insignia needs more love. :D


    HOW CRAZY GOOD WAS CROWN OF MIDNIGHT?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YES HECTOR!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT! Seriously, I couldn't have asked for a better ending to this awesome series!
    And expect LOTS of excited messages from me when I FINALLY get my hands on Crown of Midnight!
    Oh, and The Goddess Test is SO good! I hope you'll love it as much as I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE LOVE LOVE The Bitter Kingdom. A FANTASTIC conclusion. I cannot wait for The Dream Thieves. I'm PETRIFIED of that Captive in The Dark series, though I'm also intrigued. Not sure I can handle it tho! Oh and Losing Hope! Holder!!! Can't wait for that. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea is also up there on my list. So many good ones here!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't heard much about it yet but Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea sounds pretty dark and mysterious! Hope the writing inside is as striking and atmospheric as the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha. Sexy Men of my Summer. I love it. And I seriously need to read Hopeless! I can't believe I haven't gotten to that one yet. Happy summer and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Goodess Test has a pretty cover.

    My TTT: http://rachaelc94.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-books-i-want-to-read-this-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Between the Devil made my list, too. I cannot wait for the Dream Thieves. So excited! I still need to read both Throne of Glass and The Girl of Fire, but I plan to read both before these sequels are released. Great list!
    Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
  24. DREAM THIEVES! Can't wait to read that one this summer! We share Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea -- that one looks so freaking awesome! I've been curious about Crash. I'll be honest..I got it for review and judged it and then gave it to my sister who LOOOOOVED IT. We tend to read different things BUT she thinks I'll like it when I'm looking for something romancey and enjoyable though maybe not well written. I'll be interested in what you think if you get to it before me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. okay, i have read none of these, but i am going to start on black dagger brotherhood & i really want to read the Raven Boys...soon... ~daphne

    ReplyDelete
  26. THE DREAM THIEVES. I REALLY WANT TO READ THAT TOO! I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO RONAN, ADAM, AND GANSEY. GAH.

    You've got a fabulous Summer TBR List here :) I posted one this week too! Check out my Top Ten Tuesday Post, maybe? :)

    Love ya, Kels!

    - Emma @ Books Forget Me Knot

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yay! The Dream Thieves! Really excite for that one, The Raven Boys was fantastic.
    Also looking forward to Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea after reading some stellar reviews about it. I admit, I wasn't convinced by the blurb but slowly but surely people are convincing me I need to check this out. :) great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your squealing/emotional/crazy text messages were totally my favorite <3 Can we please have some more of that??? (Also - I will read BDB when I get to the Philippines in August!)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea is on my TBR list for a future date. The Goddess Test looks really good.Have a great Summer!
    Here is my Tuesday Post.

    ReplyDelete