SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Life in Books (8)


Welcome back for another edition of My Week in Books, inspired by memes by Showcase Sunday by Book, Biscuits and Tea, In My Mailbox by The Story Siren and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Reviews. It was Christmas this week (duh) so I got a few bookish presents that I was veeeery excited about! I hope that Santa was just as kind to you all, can't wait to see what everyone got!






Gifts
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys--SO. FRICKIN'.EXCITED.TO.READ.THIS. I have heard amazing things about it! Pumped!

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa--Haven't read this. So looking forward to going back into the Faery World...I'm comin' for you Ash :)

The Iron Legends by Julie Kagawa--The interim stories I have not read yet either but I'll take as much Ash as I can get hehe

The Iron Fey Boxed Set by Julie Kagawa--Read but neeeeeded to own :)

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand--Read, obvi, obsessed, doing a re-read of this and Unearthly before Boundless comes out...eep!

The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory--Read but didn't own in hardcover...I'm pretty anal retentive about this I don't know why but I'm getting better



Bought

The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly--Read. Loved. Obsess Over. Didn't Own For Some Crazy Reason. Own Now. :)

Eve by Anna Carey--Same deal as above, sorry this is getting repetitive but I borrow books, come to love them, want to re-read them and then buy them when I see them...vicious cycle really. 

Fire by Kristin Cashore-- Same thing, see above :)






Review

Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy C. Bennett--Thank you NetGalley for the copy! I loooooove re-tellings of fairy tales and I am so excited for this!! :)



Hope you guys all got great stuff this week, too! Can't wait to see!

Peace and love until next time! <3

18 comments :

  1. Awesome books this week, fantastic gifts you received. Love The Iron Fey series, The Lost Prince was fantastic. I have read any Philippa Gregory, but love her covers, will need to pick up a copy. Happy reading.

    Happy New Year!
    Katie ~ My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read the Lost Prince! Eep! And yes! Looove Gregory, I hope you will too! :)

      Delete
  2. I also got Rapunzel. I really need to read Kagawa's books. I've heard incredible things.

    I've also heard good things about Cashore adn Incarnate. Enjoy.

    Also, I'm a new GFC follower. I'd love it if you would follow back, but no pressure. :)

    Here's my post

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading The Iron King right now, and wow it's soo good! I'm glad you decided to buy the books even though you've read them.
    Here's my post this week
    http://iloveteenbooks.blogspot.com/2012/12/in-my-mailbox.html
    Greetings and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'm super weird and that's what I usually do. Read, love, then buy, knowing I'll re-read them :) So glad you're enjoying The Iron King! Keep me posted on what you think of the rest of the series! :)

      Delete
  4. Rapunzel Untangled sounds good. I heart fairy tales and folk lore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow some amazing books! At this moment I actually have the Iron Fey series sitting in a basket online waiting to be bought tonight! I can't wait to read them and the covers are so pretty! I read Graceling and wasn't too sure about it (maybe a re-read is in order) but Fire looks interesting and I definitely want to read Bitterblue. I loved the Book of Lost Things and Eve is on my wishlist :) Enjoy all of your new books!

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/showcase-sunday-24-christmas-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! Love it! I think Graceling is the best actually. I love Katsa and while I disagree with Cashore's pro causal sex, anti-marriage take I still love this book...however while I really liked Fire and Bitterblue, I found her viewpoint on that issue overshadowing the follow-up stories because both heroines in Fire and Bitterblue are almost identical in this aspect. I was kind of like, ok, I get it, you find marriage oppressive, memo noted. So Graceling for me was a great original so it stands out to me :)

      Delete
  6. The Book of Lost Things! It is currently sitting on my shelf waiting for me to pick it up again. I started and got distracted. *sigh* Story of my life.

    What great gifts! Fantastic haul, girlie.

    Auggie-Talk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I know what you mean but it is well worth picking it up again! :)

      Delete
  7. Awww, Santa was really nice to you :D So many amazing books!! I really need to read the Iron Fey series sometime, but faeries aren't really my thing... But EVERYONE loves this series.
    And yay for owning Philippa Gregory's books in hardcover :)
    I also got Rapunzel Untangled from NetGalley :D I loved Geek Girl by the same author and I'm such a fan of retellings as well, I'm sure it'll be FANTASTIC!
    Hope you enjoy all your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I totally agree! Faeries are NOT my thing either...at all...but trust me book soulmate you will love these! It took a lot of convincing for me to read too and I'm so glad I did! :) Hope you had a good holiday!

      Delete
  8. Looks like somebody was very good this year! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH. MY. GOSH.
    The Book of Lost Things. John Connolly.
    One of my favorites ever. EVER!
    We are absolutely book twins for sure. If there was ever doubt, it is erased.
    I don't find TOO many people that know about that book.
    My heart is racing with excitement. Because I am a book nerd.

    ReplyDelete