SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 26, 2020

Review: A Hobbit, A Wardrobe and a Great War


This book was put on my radar by Bookstagram and I am so happy it did! I absolutely loved this book. Obsessed. Listened on audio and immediately bought a copy knowing I would re-read many times in the future. The title of this book is slightly misleading as the book talks about but doesn't truly focus on the friendship between JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis but that didn't make me love it any less. It starts with a decent WWI history and moves into how the war affected them and how they viewed the world afterwards and a lot of this came from their faith. 

The discussion of faith and how it affected their writing constantly citing quotes from their works as evidence was inspiring. The commentary on friendship and the importance of it, while also using their books' plots and quotes interspersed, made me want to reread all of their books immediately. It was just so inspiring and moving and filled me with all the happy friend feelings as well how much I connect and love my own faith. If you are a fan of reading about faith, friendship, and are a fan of either of their works, I think this is a book you will definitely want to read.
 
Rating: 4.5 Stars | Genre: Non-fiction
Publisher: Thomas Nelson | Source; Format: Bought

Post a Comment