SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Bring Light to the Darkness

"For her friends, for her family, she would gladly be a monster."
--Sarah Maas, Queen of Shadows


Genre: YA Fantasy
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Pages: 656
Publication Date: September 1st, 2015
Source: Bought
Previous Books in Series: The Assassin's Blade & Throne of Glass & Crown of Midnight & Heir of Fire

My Thoughts
The Belle

Listen. I'm not going to break down the plot or reveal spoilers for what happens. That's just not cool. There is no way that I can possibly describe my love for this series in any eloquent fashion but I will tell you a few things.

1. The Story Continues To Blow Me Away
The plot of this book progresses in so many ways, most of which I never saw coming but in the best way. I love how this story has evolved and unfolded. The story that Sarah J Maas writes is one of plotted out perfection. Everything clicks in to place but that isn't to say surprises don't happen because THEY DO. What impresses me most is that there isn't anything about this story I 'need' to happen. I'm just EXCITED to see what happens next. Sarah's writing is that of such elegance and beauty and brilliance that I completely trust in her ability to tell the story that needs to be told and I know that I will love it.

2. The Characters Have Me By The Balls
And I mean this in a good way. I mean this in the way that I love every character in this book. No...ever.single.character I has fondness and love and admiration for. They are all so uniquely different and that is what I love about them. They all have strengths and weaknesses and they all work together and click in a way that make them the most sought after team. Seriously, you guys. #SquadGoals There are so very few series that I genuinely love each and every character and am happy to see how their lives play out and where they go next. The romantic aspect of the story as a whole is a hot topic and heated debate and makes for really exciting reading but know that I have no ship. I am Team Aelin through and through and will love to watch her grow and love and evolve as a woman no matter where or who her heart lies with. Lays? Still don't remember which one is which. Regardless, I believe that true fans of this series who love these characters will find this book incredible.

3. The Feels Are Ever-Present
My emotions are so wound up and entangled in these characters that they are quickly becoming one of those book series that I consider family. Their happiness and well-being is always something I worry about when reading and this book is no exception. The range of emotion I felt while reading ranged from every point on the spectrum. It was cathartic and amazing and everything I was hoping for in the next book.

4. The Writing Never Ceases To Impress Me
I can't even verbalize how much I love Sarah's writing. It is brilliant and beautiful. Subtle and sassy. Powerful and poignant and about a million other things. I just love how much impact her words have on my soul. They are so inspirational that I actually find myself clutching my chest with how much I feel when I'm reading. I want to join a rebel group and have a cause to fight for after reading. I want to be in Erilea and fight with Aelin and be a part of the solution. These books inspire me to just be better and more fierce which, please, I'm already plenty fierce so this is saying something :)

Seriously, though. There are very few things that I can say about this series that I haven't said before. I'll link my recent Book Pushin' posts below because honestly, all I can say is read these books. If you haven't read these books yet you need to get your life right.


VIP
This series is so many things that I can't even begin to describe but it has a huge piece of my heart...to whatever end.

1 comment :

  1. I. LOVED. QUEEN. OF. SHADOWS. And I really appreciate how your thoughts on it are specifically focused on the things I loved best about it! I know we've had plenty of spoiler-filled discussions about it already, but I'm pretty sure we'll never run out of reasons to love it ;)

    ReplyDelete